SUMMER SCHOOL AND SUMMER MATTERS PROGRAM JOIN TOGETHER AT FERN BACON
June 26-July 28, 2023
Summer Matters @ SCUSD-Middle is an exciting 24 day program that gives incoming 7th and 8th grade students the opportunity to become agents of change in their school communities by completing student-led projects that incorporate both research and action through a human design thinking model:
- An exciting 24 day program.
- Targets incoming 7th and incoming 8th grade students.
- Students engage in helping out their community through service learning opportunities that address community issues and concerns.
- Students engage in project based learning.
- Smaller students to staff ratio.
- Focus on Relationships: Safe space to build mutual relationships with fellow students and adults. Enrichment activities will provide opportunities of collaboration, thus building trusting relationships among peers. Staff will focus on community agreements in order to address discipline issues.
- Connecting with Families and Communities: Parent education workshops and regular check-ins with parents/guardians.
All students will be provided with a daily breakfast and lunch as a part of the program. Students can enroll at any Summer Matters@SCUSD-Middle site. Applicants are responsible for their own transportation to and from the program.
Application Deadline: Monday, May 15th, 2023
Parents will be notified between June 1st – June 16th
Parent orientation will be June 19th – 23rd