Our school counselors are vital members of our educational team. They help all students in the areas of academic achievement, career, and social/emotional development to be successful in school and plan their future career.
HOW TO SCHEDULE A MEETING WITH A COUNSELOR
PARENTS / GUARDIANS
1. Email or call your student’s counselor to set up appointment.
2. Student meetings are given priority.
3. Please schedule a meeting. Counselors may not be able to accommodate drop-in visits from parents.
1. For crisis situations, students can ask to see a counselor throughout the school day without a pass.
2. Students may see their counselor at lunch, after school, or during their elective with teacher permission.
3. During the school holidays and breaks, counselors do not check their email regularly.
A NOTE ABOUT CONFIDENTIALITY
By law, most of what students share with their counselor is protected by confidentiality. Below are examples of information that is NOT CONFIDENTIAL.
- Harm to self
- Harm to others (threats to others safety)
- Others harming students (neglect, physical or sexual abuse or assault, etc.)
- Violations on school property (stealing, distributing drugs/weapons, harm to school property/vandalism, etc.)
If you are ever unsure about what is considered confidential, please ask your counselor to review the limits of confidentiality and answer any questions you have. As counselors, the ultimate goal is to provide a safe and welcoming environment for students to share, while at the same time, ensuring both student and school safety.