COVID-19 GENERAL EXPOSURE NOTICE FOR 9/14/2022
Dear Parent of Fern Bacon Student in Matthei, Christopher (017) / Period 01
Matthei, Christopher (017) / Period 02
Licon, Myra (002) / Period 03
Carter, Megan (004) / Period 04
McGuire, Riley (Gym)/ Period 05
Hetland, Michele (201) / Period 06,
The health and safety of our students, staff and community are our top priority. We have been alerted that your child may have been exposed to an individual diagnosed with COVID-19. The individual with COVID-19 was in school while infectious.
What does this mean for you and your child?
- Your child may remain in school - unless they develop symptoms or test positive for COVID-19. Scientific research, and experience from around the country and state demonstrate that schools remain among the safest places for children to be.
- It is expected that your child wears a mask indoors at school for 10 days after an exposure - High-quality masks with good fit and filtration provide the best protection for your child and the school community. Masks are available at school.
- Keep your child home if they develop symptoms and follow the SCUSD Illness and Symptom Guidelines for returning to school. If your child starts to feel sick or shows symptoms, they should get tested right away, even if they had COVID-19 before.
- Your child is advised to get tested for COVID-19. SCPH recommends testing 5 days after the last date of exposure. A number of testing options are available to your child and your household members:
- Serna Center: Monday – Friday from 8am-2:30pm
- 2401 Florin Road: Monday – Friday from 10am-6pm
- Albert Einstein Middle School: Monday – Friday from 4pm-7pm
If your child tests positive please notify the school office right away.
- Your child is advised to get vaccinated against COVID-19. If your child is 5 years of age or older, a booster dose is also recommended. Vaccinations against COVID-19 are safe and effective, and remain the best way to protect against the spread of this virus, new variants, and against severe disease. SCUSD hosts a number of weekly vaccine clinics, or you may contact your child’s healthcare provider to learn more.
Jean Wagner, RN
Sacramento City Unified School District
(916) 891- 8278 Text or talk