WHAT IS AN IEP TEAM?
• Parents (and sometimes student), special education case manager, service providers, administrator, general education teacher are critical to work together for the student.
• Team works together to make sure student is placed in Least Restrictive Environment that addresses their unique needs.
• Held at least once a year – Annual IEP (Individualized Educational Program) meetings to review present levels of performance and review progress on goals.
- Team can meet any time to make changes to IEP or address concerns.
- Team must meet if services change/placement changes.
- Every 3 years, a triennial IEP is held to review eligibility for Special Education services.
- Assessments can only be completed with parent permission.