What is an Unexcused Absence
Students will receive an unexcused absence when:
- they do not participate in any part of the learning activities for the day (synchronous or asynchronous)
- they have not checked in with the teacher, administrator or support staff
- the student’s parent does not clear the absence to the school within 5 days of absence
- the student’s parent/guardian informs the school of an
absence for an unexcused reason (per SCUSD Board policy)
- Excessive absences resulting in truancy and chronic absenteeism should be referred to the School Attendance Review Board (SARB) as required by Board policy.
- Each school will monitor and document student contact, access to technology and potential barriers to distance learning for potential reengagement interventions.